Grounded in traditional college preparation, Midland is a leader in place-based and experiential education. Using our 2,860 acres as a home base, Midland’s curriculum offers a vibrant and challenging exploration of place, spanning environment, history, and culture. Growing our food, generating our electricity, and knowing where our water comes from prepares students to be informed citizens and active participants. Midland’s 4:1 student to faculty ratio and our work ethic ensures that every student is known, valued, and needed in this intentional community.
Midland School provides a unique college prep boarding school experience to a diverse student body. Through study and work, it teaches the value of a lifetime of learning, self-reliance, simplicity, responsibility to community and the environment, and a love for the outdoors.
A Mission statement is a School Promise to the student and their family.
We promise to provide a unique college prep boarding experience to a diverse student body.
- Midland puts their financial efforts into our students, not into grand facilities.
- Just under half of our students receive financial aid.
- Unique-that speaks for itself-shower fires, technology philosophy, jobs program.
We promise that through study and work we teach the value of a lifetime of learning, self-reliance, simplicity, and a responsibility to community.
- From Midland, you can go anywhere, Ivy league or Gap Year, City College, or across the Globe.
- We live on a rustic campus in log cabins, our jobs program teaches the importance of being a member of a community where you are counted on, you matter, and your role is not only important, but critical to the success of the community.